Bachelor in Paradise's Demario Jackson vows to clear name after 'malicious allegations'
Demario Jackson (Handout)
Bachelor In Paradise star Demario Jackson has vowed to clear his name after allegations of his misconduct towards Corinne Olympios led to the show being shut down.
The 30-year-old contestant has been accused of taking advantage of Corinne, who was apparently too drunk to give consent before a sexual encounter in a swimming pool while filming the spin-off U.S. TV series. A producer on the show reported the alleged incident to management and filed a complaint, leading to Warner Bros. embarking on an investigation and halting production on the programme.
Now DeMario has come forward to speak for the first time about Corinne’s claims, saying in a statement to E! News: “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Meanwhile, Corinne also released a statement after hiring Hollywood lawyer Marty Singer, saying: “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
The future of Bachelor In Paradise remains unknown. As it stands, all of the contestants on this year’s series have been sent home from Mexico, where the show is filmed, and were told that it’s unlikely production will resume on the show. However, they were reportedly told that other opportunities within the Bachelor franchise may be available to them in the future.
Warner Bros. investigation continues.