News Provincial

Patrick Brown tells his side of the story to Postmedia Network in an exclusive interview. Brown answers the tough questions about the sexual misconduct allegations he's facing in Toronto, Ont. on Friday Feb. 9, 2018. (Craig Robertson/Postmedia Network)

Brown disputes sex misconduct allegations

In his first interview since resigning as Ontario’s PC Party leader, Patrick Brown insists sexual misconduct accusations against him are "absolute lies" and that he is contemplating legal action to defend his shattered reputation.

The Ontario Ministry of Labour has laid charges against the company that employed Ethan Allard, who died in a Toronto construction site on Jan. 16, 2017.

MOL lays charges in death of Ethan Allard

The Ontario Ministry of Labour has laid charges against the company that employed Ethan Allard, who died at a Toronto construction site on Jan. 16, 2017.Allard, 24, of Petawawa was killed when he became tangled up in a concrete hopper. A pump operator on a wet-mix shotcrete (sprayed concrete) job, Allard had about six months' experience on the mach

Ontario Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown speaks at a press conference at Queen's Park in Toronto on Wednesday. (THE CANADIAN PRESS)

Patrick Brown steps down

Ontario’s PC leader is stepping down amid allegations of sexual misconduct, dealing a severe blow to his party just months before the province heads to the polls.

Sir John's Public House in Kingston on Tuesday January 9, 2018 before new signs were placed on the walls. Ian MacAlpine / Whig-Standard/Postmedia Network

Kingston pub dropping Sir John A. namesake

A pub in a building where Sir John A. Macdonald once had his law office is dropping a reference to Canada’s first prime minister from its name after receiving requests to do so from members of the Indigenous community.

Borutski intended to kill others

Basil Borutski had killed three women, but he wasn’t done yet.He pulled into a small sawmill in White Lake, On. on the morning of Sept. 22, 2015.He had a loaded shotgun next to him, along with a sandwich bag full of shells, in a car he had stolen from the first of his victims that day. Borutski had spent that morning on a bloody rampage through Ren

The Women's Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County shows their solidarity with the families of Basil Borutski's victims with this demonstration outside the Pembroke courthouse Tuesday. Inside the man convicted in the murders of Carol Culleton, Anastasia Kuzyk and Nathalie Warmerdam was being sentenced for the horrific crimes which shocked the region.

Borutski a danger until he dies

The Crown summed up its sentencing submissions Tuesday for triple-murderer Basil Borutski with lead prosecutor Jeffery Richardson saying, “I’m not sure there’s much difference between (age) 97 and 128.”In the Crown’s submission, Borutski, serving consecutive automatic life sentences for first-degree murder convictions in the deaths of Anastasia Kuz

Cyclists take advantage of the new bike lane along Bloor Street West in Toronto on August 15, 2016. (Stan Behal/Toronto Sun/Postmedia Network)

Ontario announces $93M bike lane bonanza

The Ontario government says it is increasing its spending on bike lanes across the province.Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca says the province is spending $93 million — up from a previously announced $45 million — this year to help 120 communities build bike lanes and biking infrastructure across Ontario.The spending comes under a